Neurosurgery and Spine
ACTIVE IMAGING IS REAL-TIME VISUAL GUIDANCE FOR DECISION SUPPORT
The only real-time intraoperative imaging modality
Scan instantaneously and repeatedly wth iUS, while iCT and iMRI scans interrupt the surgical workflow1 and require a set scan time.
Minimum radiation hazards to the patient
Unlike iCT, intraoperative ultrasound does not involve ionizing radiation.2
Comparable gross tumor resection rates to iMRI
In a recent article, iUS has demonstrated gross total resection (GTR) for High Grade Gliomas (HGG) that is not statistically different from iMRI and 5-ALA.3
(1) Coburger J, Nabavi A, König R, Rainer Wirtz C, Pala A. Contemporary use of intraoperative imaging in glioma surgery: A survey among EANS members. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery 163m 133-141 (2017).
(3) Mahboob S and Eljamel M. Intraoperative image-guided surgery in neuro-oncology with specific focus on high-grade gliomas. Future Oncology 13 (26) (2017).
DISCOVER THE NEW
REAL-TIME VISUALIZATION HAS NEVER LOOKED THIS GOOD
BK Medical Systems
- Enhanced Visualization: Improved algorithms for greater details around lesion borders, and automated high-resolution image settings.
- Monitor Progress: Compare live images with previous scans simultaneously using Dual Live Compare, Picture in Picture, or Stored Image Compare.
- Neurosurgeon Control: Remote control and Smart Button™ on sterilizable transducers allow neurosurgeon control of the image in the sterile field.
- Simple and Customizable UI: Intuitively simple, Tru-Sense™ touch screen with customized user profiles for Basic to Advanced usage.
- Adjustable Monitor: View images in portrait or landscape orientation, with monitor on an extendable, flexible arm for small spaces.
- On-Demand Videos: Instructional videos on the system to quickly refresh on image orientation and needle guide assembly.
- Neurosurgeon Controlled: Sterilizable remote control for convenient operation of the system in the sterile field.
- Small Footprint: Scanner design integrates seamlessly into the OR.
- Simple & Easy to Use: Intuitive keyboard design.
The Minimally Invasive Transducer N20P6 has not been licensed by Health Canada or CE-marked; N20P6 is compatible with bkActiv and bk5000 software version 5.16.2 and higher.
The Minimally Invasive Transducer N20P6 is compatible with NICO BrainPath® (diameters 11-13.5 mm; lengths 50-95 mm), Vycor ViewSite™ Brain Access System (widths: 12-28 mm; heights: 8-20mm; lengths: 3-7cm), and Neuroendoport® (diameters greater than 13 mm; lengths: 5.5-8.5 cm).
Use of the Hockey Stick Transducer X18L5s for intraoperative (neuro) has not been CE-marked.
bkActiv has not been licensed by Health Canada.
bkActiv is not available in all countries. Ask your local representative about your options.
EXCLUSIVE DIGITAL INTEGRATION WITH BRAINLAB
BK Medical’s active imaging solutions combined with Brainlab Navigation can be a powerful tool to provide critical information that helps neurosurgeons navigate procedures.
Brainlab Ultrasound Navigation Software provides updated images for navigation and enables real-time overlay of ultrasound imaging on preoperative MRI/CT, providing immediate information about brain shift. The digital transmission ensures no loss of ultrasound image quality.