Local Courses Sponsored by BK Ultrasound
February 2015, London, UK: MSK Ultrasonography, PGCert
BK Ultrasound is supporting this MSK ultrasound course in London, UK: www.uel.ac.uk/study/courses/Musculoskeletal.htm
- 1 year course
- Enrolment: March and September
- 60 M-level points (two 30 credit modules)
- Accredited by the Royal College of Radiologists for CPD credits
Please visit the University of East London page for full details: www.uel.ac.uk/study/courses/Musculoskeletal.htm
March 25–26 2015, London, UK: Optimising Prostate Cancer Diagnostics
This two-day interactive course is aimed at those involved in the diagnosis of prostate cancer and with carrying-out TP biopsies including consultants, registrars, nurse practitioners, pathologists, radiologists and theatre nurses.
Delegates can select to attend for either day or for both days when they register. The options are:
- Day One: Transperineal Sector Biopsies will focus on the basics of TP sector biopsies, using live case studies to demonstrate the procedures, with lectures on technique and how pre biopsy MRi and TP biopsies can be integrated into the diagnostic and prostate cancer management pathway.
- Day Two: Enhanced Prostate Biopsy Diagnostics will provide practical instruction of the TP sector biopsy protocol with US stations and the use of biopsy phantoms in the morning. In the afternoon, there will be opportunities for practical demonstrations of currently available transrectal and transperineal prostate biopsy platforms, incorporating the latest MR-US fusion biopsy systems.
Places are limited due to the practical nature of the course, so you are strongly advised to book early.
IAME USRA & MSK Skills Courses (Hands-On Workshops) March 12–15, April 10–12 and April 24–26, 2015
Whether you are new to regional anesthesia, new to ultrasound guidance or are looking for a solid refresher, you can be assured of leaving the USRA Skills Course with practical knowledge and abilities that will benefit your practice for years to come.
BK Ultrasound is supporting this course: http://iame.com/the-usra-skills-course-47.html
After attending the course you will:
- Understand the principles of ultrasound imaging
- Define the common steps in performing an ultrasound-guided nerve block
- Understand the basics of ultrasound- guided continuous perineural catheters, including indications and proper technique
- Integrate ultrasound-guided nerve blocks into your clinical practice
- Understand the important role of an ambulatory catheter program, including the risks and benefits, and the key steps involved in organization
- Achieve improved patient outcomes through the successful adoption of regional anesthesia practice
Please visit the IAME course page for full details: http://iame.com/the-usra-skills-course-47.html
Pelvic Floor and Anorectal Ultrasound Masterclass: Hands-on workshop, May 16–17, 2015
BK Ultrasound is supporting this course: http://www.perineum.net/courses/pelvic-floor-and-anorectal-ultrasound-masterclass/4/
Download the full schedule here.
This workshop aims to provide skills in all aspects of pelvic floor and anal endosonography that would interest the novice as well as the more experienced. The faculty comprises of two international experts, Professor Pawel Wieczorek, Radiologist, Lublin, Poland and Professor Giulio Santoro, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Cleveland Clinic, Abu Dhabi.
The program will be comprehensive, encompassing a global perspective to pelvic floor trauma including levator injuries, rectoceles, cystoceles and urinary incontinence. Live demonstrations are planned, and delegates will be given an opportunity to develop hands-on experience on image acquisition and interpretation.
Please visit the Perineum course page for full details: http://www.perineum.net/courses/pelvic-floor-and-anorectal-ultrasound-masterclass/4/